Olympic Internal Medicine is dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of common adult medical problems, with an emphasis on caring for the complete person. An important part of our practice is providing our patients with reliable information about various diseases and disease prevention. Below you will find trustworthy articles about chronic problems, written by specialists from each discipline.
Vascular and Heart Disease
- What Is Cardiovascular Disease?
- What is Atrial Fibrillation?
- Peripheral Artery Disease: Overview
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: Beyond the Basics
- What is Heart Failure?
- Heart Failure: Understanding Heart Failure
- What are High Cholesterol and Triglycerides?
- High Cholesterol
- What is High Blood Pressure?
- High Blood Pressure: Beyond the Basics
- DVT (Deep Venous Thrombosis): Overview
- Stroke: What are the Warning Signs?
- What is a TIA?
- Heart Healthy Diet
End of Life
Liver, Gallbladder, Pancreas, Stomach and Intestines
Oncology & Hematology
Cancer and Blood Disorders
Alzheimer's, Brain and Nerve Disorders
Dementia, Depression and other Mental Health Issues
Joint and Bone Health
- Fibromyalgia: Cleveland Clinic
- Fibromyalgia pain: Options for Coping
- 6 Things to Know About Mind and Body Practices for Fibromyalgia
- Osteoarthritis: National Institute on Aging
- 6 Things You Should Know About Dietary Supplements for Osteoarthritis
- Living with Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Mayo Clinic
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: American College of Rheumatology
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: American College of Rheumatology